Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Homeschooled Math and other Home School topics.
Examples of Everyday Things
• Have her plan a party (birthday, Christmas, New Year's) and do all the decorating, baking, etc. Give her a budget to work with.
• Let her redecorate her room (this is a great birthday present) and give her X amount of money with which to do this. Painting and sewing both involve math skills.
• Play games. Not "let's sit down and do our math games" but regular games that involve math skills to be played whenever your family plays games. Some math games: Monopoly, Yahtzee, any of the strategic games involving logic and thinking skills (Battleship, Stratego).
• Let her be scorekeeper when you go bowling. *General budgeting. Let her help with the family budget.
• Meal planning and coupons are good for developing math skills.