Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Homeschool Arts and Crafts and other Home School topics.
Sidewalk chalk recipe:
• 1 cup of Plaster of Paris (do not pack)
• Almost 1/2 cup water
• Liquid or powdered tempera paint
• Margarine tubs or other disposable mixing containers
• Disposable molds
• Squirt of dishwashing liquid (makes for easier clean-up)
1. Pour Plaster of Paris into a container. Using disposable stick, stir in most of the water.
2. Add 2-3 tablespoons of liquid tempera, mixing well, especially at the bottom.
3. Add a little more water so that the mixture thickens, stir well, and pour into molds Ideas for molds: Styrofoam egg cartons, plastic trays from manicotti noodles, paper cups, toilet paper tubes with foil bottoms.
4. Remove the molds after chalk is completely dry.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|