Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Homeschool Arts and Crafts and other Home School topics.
Kids love doing crafts! I know for a fact, however, that many children will not sit through the tedious set-up routine. Setting everything up the night before is a great idea. Here's a list of what to set out and how to organize it all:
• Fill a small basket with stickers and small accessories to go with the theme. (Pipe cleaners, fun foam shapes, googly eyes, felt, Popsicle sticks, etc.)
• Fill a small container (plastic) with the glue "stuff" (glue stick, white glue, tape)
• Provide a small container or basket for markers, crayons, pencil crayons, sharpener, and such.
• Use a flat tray to hold all of the paper items (construction paper, paper bags, paper plates, copy paper, newsprint etc.).
• On painting days, lay out his smock, paint tray (for poster or finger paints use an ice cube tray), paint brushes, water container (plastic), sponges, stamps and wet wipes for quick clean ups.
• For a more complex craft or activity, make a sample craft for him or her to look at for ideas.
Try to match the Theme with whatever you are learning about that week (reptiles, apples, holidays and such). There is no right or wrong when it comes to crafts—just have fun!