Preschool Homeschool And Farm Animals
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Preschool and Kindergarten Homeschool and other Home School topics.
What is a good theme to use for homeschool learning?
Farm animals are a great theme for preschool homeschool. Teach about a different farm animal each day. Read books, sing songs and do crafts which will reinforce the information. For instance, here are some pig facts you can teach to children.
- Pigs are messy.
- Pigs roll in the mud.
- Pigs are smart.
- Pigs have snouts which they use to find food.
- Baby pigs are called piglets.
Dip your child's thumbs into paint and let them make thumb prints on paper. They can make an entire pig family. Teach your children how to make pig ears, feet, snouts and curly tails. Other activities could include picking out all the pigs from a box of animal crackers and counting them or making sugar cookies using a pig cookie cutter. Here are some other ideas:
- Teach numbers through counting fun objects and teaching the meaning of numbers.
- Teach shape identification and allow children to construct 2 and 3 dimensional shapes.
- Have toys available that a child can put together and take apart. This
promotes exploration, as well as the concept of adding and subtracting.
- Teach spatial relations -- such as in front, behind, above,
below and left-right. These are important to learning how to navigate
surroundings and the world.
- Teach general concepts of measurement such as length, weight, temperature and money