Listen to 300+ podcasts by best-selling authors, published Wednesday, 4pm EST!

Easing the Admissions Process

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Home School High School and other Home School topics.

Do any colleges accept homeschooled students?

Easing the Admissions Process

One completely legitimate way to enter a four-year college (my most recommended way while teaching public school) is to have your child take junior college classes as a high school student. Once he or she has acquired a proper number of credits, it may be possible to transfer right into a four-year college as a junior. The junior college will not ask for high school transcripts because your child is technically a high school student, not seeking full entry into the junior college. This works well for many families since junior college systems in most states allow high school students to take courses without being formally enrolled as full-time college students.

When a student transfers to a four-year school as a junior, all required paperwork comes from the junior college; therefore the fact that a student has been educated in a home school high school environment.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Home School Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Heidi Splete