April 21, 2006, Newsletter Issue #124: Easing the Admissions Process

Tip of the Week

One completely legitimate way to enter a four-year college (my most recommended way while teaching public school) is to have your child take junior college classes as a high school student. Once he or she has acquired a proper number of credits, it may be possible to transfer right into a four-year college as a junior. The junior college will not ask for high school transcripts because your child is technically a high school student, not seeking full entry into the junior college. This works well for many families since junior college systems in most states allow high school students to take courses without being formally enrolled as full-time college students.

When a student transfers to a four-year school as a junior, all required paperwork comes from the junior college; therefore the fact that a student has been educated in a home school high school environment.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Exclusive Sponsor

Thank you for your continued readership of the Homeschool Tip Newsletter.

Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd., proudly announces the 2006 Sonlight Scholarship Winners. These 8 outstanding students received awards ranging from $1,000 to $5,000, and each student used at least 3 Sonlight Core packages as part of their homeschool education. Please take a moment to review the winners' academic success and accomplishments at http://www.sonlight.com/scholarships06.html?am=scholar06

Sarita Holzmann
Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Home School Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Candi Wingate