High School Homeschooling And Athletics
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Home School High School and other Home School topics.
Is it true that high school homeschoolers can't play sports?
Many parents are under the wrong assumption when it comes to high school sports. They may have been told that their high school homeschooling teens will not have access to sports. That is simply not true. While teens may not play on the public high school teams, there are many outlets for athletic teens who homeschool.
Are you debating as to whether you should continue to pursue high school homeschooling? If so, here is a list of the top reasons that many parents choose to continue homeschooling their teens through highschool:
- Families who travel prefer to homeschool through high school.
Teens can learn a lot about geography, history, customs and life by
traveling with their parents.
- Teens that homeschool are more
likely to garner work experience in their desired fields of study
during high school. This could include paying jobs, internships or
- Generally speaking, teens that homeschool tend to grow closer to their parents than teens who attend public school.
- Parents can save money by homeschooling their teenagers. When you take
into account clothes, lunches, transportation, tuition for private or
Christian schools -- homeschooling wins hands down.
- Homeschooling teens develop very strong study habits and can
work independently. This is important for students who plan to go to
- Homeschooling teens have more time to pursue their interests over teens who attend school every day.
- Homeschooling teens can graduate earlier than teens who attend regular school.